Whenever there is a family barbecue,food is always the hot topic.Every few months my family actually comes up with new recipes learnt from a cook book or which they bettered the recipe.The most important thing was that the food tasted good. And that is all that matters at any barbecue.
For those of you who need to know,barbecuing food involves the actual cooking of food over indirect heat,under a cover.This is so much similar to how food is cooked in an oven.Grilling is actually cooking food directly over a food sauce,ensuring that the food actually becomes beautifully charred while the inside of food remains juicy and tender.Unfortunately nowadays most people use the words barbecuing and grilling interchangeably.
The following recipes below are some of my favorites ‘Simple Finger Licking Barbecue Recipes’ over the last few years that is a must whenever there is a family barbecue.
Remains to be a family favorite and always a must have whenever there is a get together. This is so popular that there is never enough at any barbecue.
2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground celery seeds
1.35kg (3 lbs) chicken wings with tips removed
335ml (12 fl oz) barbecue sauce
- Mix together and blend paprika,salt,chili and celery seeds well.
- Roll the wings gently in this mixture.
- Barbecue the wings over a medium heat either indirect or directly
- Turn the wings every 10 mins for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- When done,place the wings in a large bowl and pour some sauce over them.
- Serve it hot
Honey citrus chicken
Another one of our barbecue favorites for those chicken breast lovers.When we marinate the chicken breasts in sweet and sour mixture for about an hour,the blandness of the chicken breasts disappears.
4 chicken breasts
Juice of 1 orange
Juice of lime
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoon of clear honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons Tabasco source
- Start by pounding the chicken breasts gently between sheets of cling film until the breasts are even in thickness
- Marinate the breasts in the citrus juices,Tabasco,honey and oil for about an hour at room temperature.
- Proceed to grill the chicken preheated to a medium for about 5 to 8 minutes per side,turning once or until it is cooked completely.
- Serve to eat
Sweet chilli chicken
This is an excellent Asian finger food that makes it slightly different from the usual barbecued chicken favorites.Although it does not far more effort but it is worth it.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 fresh red chili (seeded and finely chopped)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
4 tablespoon runny honey
2 tablespoon soy sauce
4 tablespoon lime juice
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 3 strips
- Mix the chili,garlic,honey,ginger,soy sauce and lime juice together.
- Reserve 4 tablespoon mixture
- Add the chicken to the remaining mixture and toss it to coat evenly
- Cover it and refrigerate for about half hour.
- Thread the 3 chicken strips onto each barbecue skewer.
- Grill over medium hot coals,turning every 2 minutes until cooked through ( 8-10minutes)
- Proceed to drizzle over reserved sweet chili mixture.
- Serve hot